Re: disable auto logoff

    "Bob" == Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

    Bob> If you are logged in across the network then likely the TCP
    Bob> stack is idling you out.  You may need to set a keepalive.

Bob,

I'm curious to know if you are saying this based on experience with
the Linux TCP stack. A TCP stack should *never* idle you out AFAIK
(RFC793), so you got me thinking about the Linux implementation. I
hope it is not the TCP stack timing out. A TCP connection should stay
up when idle for as long as you want.

As you correctly point out, TMOUT is the variable for bash and should
address the original posters problem. For a tcsh the variable is
autologout.

Cheers!
Shyamal