Re: Sound problems in Gnome

The fix is very simple - just disable the sound server in gnome. You will
miss those amazing event sounds, but xmms and just anything else will
work. I had the same problem. To tell the truth, I don't understand the
reason why I can't have this gnome sound server and xmms and other apps
working at the same time? Could anyone explain this?

rgds

Vladimir