Re: systemwide fetchmail

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:43:33AM -0600, Donald R. Spoon wrote:
> Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> >hello all!
> >
> >when i boot up my system, it shows a message that reads - systemwide
> >fetchmail not configured.
> >
> The only thing you have to do to get what you want is to create the
> /etc/fetchmailrc file!  This file is in the EXACT same format as your
> ~/.fetchmailrc file in your home directory.  The only difference is that
> the /etc/fetchmailrc file should include ALL the entries from ALL the
> users that get E-Mail.

is not there a way in which i can ask the fetchmail daemon to look for
.fetchmailrc files in different user directories?

> All of this is explained in the fetchmail "man" pages.  It is tough
> reading (quite long) but it IS there!  There are some good examples of
> fetchmailrc files near the end.

sure i had read man pages. i posted becuase i wanted a specific
behaviour and did not know how to get it. i have been able to generate
my own .fetchmailrc file that does the job for me neatly

> HINT:  Read the "man" pages like you would a telephone book... not a
> novel!  Consider it a list of facts for a "lookup" of a specific piece
> of information.  Man pages become MUCH more friendly when you take this
> perspective!!

sure, i will keep this in mind.

- sandip