Re: networking woes with 2.4 kernel

It definitely looks like a problem with IRQ mis-assignment. The 2.4.18 kernel puts eth0 at IRQ 19, and USB at 20, 21, and 22. Windows puts eth0 at IRQ 11 and USB at 10 and 11. I'm not sure where the 2.2 kernel puts USB (it panicked when it detected ext3), but from the boot messages it puts eth0 at IRQ 11, just where Windows does.

"Plug and Play Aware O/S" is set to "no" in the BIOS, so that's not the problem, and I couldn't find any obvious BIOS switches that might affect IRQ assignment, so now I'm Googling to see if it's a known issue and, if so, how people are solving it.

Thanks for the help so far!

- Jeff