linux support/services

Dear debian-users,

I've been thinking for a while now about doing something worthwhile with
my spare (IT) time:  Offering free Open Source/Linux support in my city.
(To help people with moving to Open Source etc.)  Support would be via
email, telephone and even site visits. (and bigger projects could even
make me money - although that's not what I'd be aiming for. :)

I even thought of setting up a website - running the slashdot engine for
instance - where people could post their support requests and volunteers
could pick them up.  Supporters and requestors could be rated etc to
have some QA.  Problems and resolutions could be archived to reuse
solutions etc.

1.  Has anybody been doing or thinking of doing something similiar?
2.  Does anybody think this A Good Idea?  Or am I just trying to do
something that's already done by newgroups, mailing lists and linux
user groups?
3.  Do you have any ideas/hints/tips of how this idea could be best put
into reality?
4.  Anybody interested in participating in this sort of project?

Right now I think my best bet would be to get in contact with the local
Linux user group, to see if they offer something similiar already and
then go on from there.

Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andreas

PS:  Please cc me, as I am not subscribed to debian-user.

--

email:	xio@port22.net