Re: Installing TrueType fonts

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 10:52:32AM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
> I suppose I could check by stopping the xfs and xfstt servers, but I
> don't know how to do this without removing the packages. Could I move
> xfs and xfstt out of /etc/init.d and reboot?

Well, you could, but it's kind of overkill. :)

'/etc/init.d/xfs stop' and '/etc/init.d/xfstt stop' are better ways. If
you want to stop them permanently, don't move /etc/init.d/{xfs,xfstt},
as those are part of Debian packages; instead, either uninstall the
packages or remove the links to those scripts from /etc/rc{2,3,4,5}.d.