RE: 2 3com905b network cards - not recognized

High,

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Mikael Jirari wrote:

> Yes it's  905b net cards and i compiled the 509c driver in order to use
> them.

AFAIK, that is not the correct driver. Compile the 59x driver, it works
with that one.

> I thought the whole point about pci was to be recognized automaticly, so pnp
> ?

True, but the term PnP is only used in combination with ISA, since, as you
say, PCI is PnP by default, so it is superfluous to mention it. When the
BIOS assignes a wrong IRQ to a (set of) cards, the only thing you can do
to change it is to switch cards in the PCI slots, turn off/switch IDE IRQ
channels or whatever options your BIOS supports.

However, if you compile the 59x driver and try it with one card first I am
almost positive it will work.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98