Re: encrypting a single file

Rob Weir, 2002-Nov-06 04:40 +1100:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:21:37AM -0500, Levi Waldron wrote:
> > On November 5, 2002 02:27 am, Rob Weir wrote:
> > > AFAIK, emacs supports this out of the box.  Open a .gpg file and it'll
> > > prompt you for the password and decrypt it for you, automatically
> > > re-encrypting it on save.
> >
> > My xemacs 21.4.6-8 doesn't do this, although I have gpg installed now -
> > probably have to load a module.
>
> Oops, you need crypt++el.
>
> -rob

Is there something else that's needed for emacs21?  I'm having
trouble:

$ gpg -c file.txt
passphrase: ********
reenter   : ********
$ ls
file.txt.gpg
$ emacs -nw file.txt.gpg

emacs asks for the "encryption key", so I enter the passphrase,
because if I hit "return to ignore" is see the scrambled data.  After
entering the passphrase, emacs reports "Searching for program: no such
file or directory, crypt".

any ideas?

jc

--