Re: 2 3com905b network cards - not recognized

This one time, at band camp, Mikael Jirari said:
> Hi,
>
> I have two 3com 905b in my box, but only one is recognized.  I
> compiled the drivers into the kernel since i'm not using modules at
> all.
>
> What can I do so the two network cards to be recognized ?
>
> I read somewhere that disabling the Pnp option could resolve the
> problem but is there a way to fix the problem without doing that ?
>
> I think the system is assigning the same irq to the network cards
> (really not sure about what i'm saying)
>
> Also, how can i do the irq setup manually ?
>
> Thanx

If you're not using modules, you'll need to edit lilo.conf (assuming
you're using lilo and not grub) and specify the addresses.
append="eth0=0xwhatever eth1=0xwhateverelse"

man lilo.conf for details.  The specific addresses can usually be found
with `cat proc/pci` - it'll give you the hardware addresses of
everything on the pci bus.

HTH,
Steve
--
You could get a new lease on life -- if only you didn't need the first
and last month in advance.