RE: How to set bpp 16 as default?

Thanks I really appreciate it.
On a side note I did find a way to get my system to start with 16 bpp; there
was a file titled xservers that had a line it like this:

:0 local ...(something i cant remember)... vt7 -deferglyphs

I changed it to:
:0 local ...(something i cant remember)... vt7 -bpp 16

and the next time I rebooted display was 16bpp!
There are prolly other things in my XConfig that could use
modification/correction so please advise me what to do; Im trying to make
system that will be useful for graphic design.

Also the .xserverrc file doesnt exist on my system, it seems like it might
be needed as some initial settings are placed there according to the xfree
how-to I read.

Thanks again,
mw.