Re: apt-get preferring lower priority items?

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:14:34 -0500
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> wrote:

> So you already have the sid version installed.  apt-get doesn't
> downgrade packages unless the priority of the older version is greater
> than 1000.  See man apt_preferences for more details on what different
> priority levels mean (under Candidate Version Policy).

Okay.  I didn't explain myself here.  wine was actually updated today
to the current version.  Unfortunately, I wrote this message after I
did an apt-get upgrade.

I've been tracking unstable for several months, but I'd like to dial
back to testing.  I thought that by just setting the apt.conf file to
what I have it, that apt would ignore any packages from unstable unless
I specifically requested it and the only way I'd get an upgraded package
is if the version in testing changes.

Maybe I should wait until tomorrow before I do an apt-get upgrade in
order to better illustrate my situation.

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington            http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli