Re: Problems with new X 4.2

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:08:49AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> Compiled v4.2 of X today.

I'm wondering why you don't just use the Debian source package ...

> (2) It assumes that a Debian system has Pam (whoever she is). Mine
> doesn't, never has had.

Sure it does, unless you've been hacking things in a major way. login
pre-depends on it, for one. Maybe you need the development parts of PAM
from libpam0g-dev.

> That's OK. What's not OK is problem still problematical:
> When I startx, I get:
>
> xinit: error in loading shared libraries
> libXmuu.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Is /usr/X11R6/lib listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, and have you run ldconfig?

Cheers,