Re: some german keys don't work..?

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002, Pierre Burri wrote:

> Thanks a lot Oliver!
> dpkg-reconfigure locales first didn't work because I hat to reinstall the
> package console-tools. I had to rerun install-keymap. After that everything
> was fine. Thanks again.
>
> Am Mittwoch, 6. November 2002 12:03 schrieb Olivier Esser:
> > On Wednesday 06 November 2002 09:50, Pierre Burri wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > > despite that I have set the keymap (with install-keymap) to
> > > de-latin1-nodeadkeys, some keys don't work like ö (oe) ä (ae) ü (ue) etc.
> > > Under Debian 2.2, I remember that I had to put the variable LANG=de_DE in
> > > the file /etc/environment. It doesn't seem to work anymore with 3.0.
> > > I would greatly appreciate some help.
> > > Pierre.
> >
> > Hi me again,
> >
> > I have forget to mention that you have to configure the font correctly. You
> > have to choose ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 if you want the euro symbol. This
> > depend of the application you use; in case of problems please re-email
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Olivier Esser

What about /etc/inputrc?

# To allow the use of 8bit-characters like the german umlauts, comment out
# the line below. However this makes the meta key not work as a meta key,
# which is annoying to those which don't need to type in 8-bit characters.

# set convert-meta off

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit