Fonts in netscape and acroread menus

Hi,

Recently one of the users of my machine (running testing) has been
experiencing problems with fonts. Now I must say there have been some
changes regarding fonts, xfree had a update also I have thrown away some
non-free fonts, etc.

To be more specific, in both netscape and acroread she is seeing squares
instead of the correct glyphs. The weird thing is that I'm not having
this problem. So my question is, what personal config files could be
influencing the fonts netscape and acroread use in their menus? In the
case of acroread it's not .acrorc, I tried that.

thnx Tim