Re: is it possible to downgrade a package using dpkg or apt

hiya,

i think this will also do the trick for you, if you don't feel like
finding the .deb file yourself:

apt-get --reinstall install packagename=version

this should also deal with any dependency issues that you might have,
but with either way, you'll need some way to prevent it from automatically
being upgraded the next time you apt-get upgrade.  i hear there's something
called 'pinning' you can do with apt.conf (never done this), or you
can use dselect to put the package on 'hold', which has the same
effect.

--sean