mirroring configured with apt sources.list lines?

Is there any method of mirroring Debian releases and externally packaged
software that uses lines like in apt's sources.list files to specify the
locations from which to mirror files?

I have a slow Internet connection, so instead of waiting for a long
download each time I install something, I set up a mirror so that
when I decide to install a particular package I already have it locally.

I'm thinking of how packagers give apt configuration lines such as:

  deb http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2

I'd like to take a line as above and just add it into my mirroring
configuration.

What options are there (in woody)?

apt-proxy seems to cache what you install; it's not clear whether
it can "pre-cache" a whole subtree.

Some package descriptions mention apt-cache, but there doesn't seem
to be any such thing (in woody).

I'm currently using debmirror.pl for mirroring a Debian release, but
that doesn't seem to handle HTTP.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Daniel