Re: phoenix + mozilla

At 02:31 PM 11/5/2002 -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:36:40AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> With Mozilla mail/news running, ALL of Mozilla is really running and
> therefore not saving you anything in regards to memory footprint.

That's certainly not true.  Yes, there is a lot of code that is common
between Mozilla mail/news and the browser, and that code is loaded even
if you're only running mail/news, but the code that is unique to the
browser is not loaded into memory unless the browser is running.  It is
called "on-demand page loading" and all modern OSes support it.

Okay, let me clarify... :-) (admittedly, I'm no programmer)

When I say "ALL", I mean the main module or component of Mozilla. Is that correct ??

Hall