Re: VCD creation

On Sunday 03 November 2002 08:18 pm, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
> Is it possible to create a VCD from a '.mpg' or '.avi' with some
> program(s) available as Debian packages? I'm running sid here. I've
> figured out how to BURN VCD's that come in bin/cue format, but I don't
> know how to turn a straight mpeg into a bin/cue that can be burned as
> vcd/svcd.

as far as re-encoding from other filetypes is concerned, anything which can be
played with mplayer can transcoded with mencoder, and one of its output
codecs is mpeg1video.

However, it uses avi as the file format (avi is really just a "wrapper"
format), so you would need something pull the mpeg1 stream out of that avi
file and format it as an mpg file.

-jason pepas