macintosh hardware

There is a computer show in my area in a couple of weeks, and I'm
thinking about getting a used Macintosh since I haven't played with one
for ages.  I don't want to bother getting one though unless I can
dual-boot it and Debian GNU/Linux.  I'm not new to dual-booting systems,
I just don't really  know anything about Macs.  How well does Linux run
on Macs?  Is there a certain model I should look for to get the best
results?  Pointing me to some good reading on the subject is sufficient
help.

--
Jason Stechschulte  {*}  stech@ypisco.com  {*}  http://www.ypisco.com

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
     --Mahatma Gandhi