Re: netscape

Galileu Paulo said:
> Hi guys:

> 1- I could not run Netscape. I installed the system completely and later I
> installed nestscape-base-4 with all the packages recommended by dselect.
> However, the icons on the desktop that should point to the browser do not
> work. I tried the command "netscape-remote" at the xterm window and I just
> received the answer "not running on display :0.0". I tried as root and as
> regular user. I tried to find any other executable that could start
> netscape, but no succeed. I uninstalled netscape, installed again several
> times, and nothing.

i haven't used dselect much in the past 2 years but maybe you could
try

apt-get install navigator ?

the netscape packages I have installed:
communicator					install
communicator-base-477				install
communicator-smotif-477				install
netscape					install
netscape-base-4					install
netscape-base-477				install
netscape-java-477				install

(this is a woody system the package names may be slightly
different for potato)

I usually prefer communicator over plain ol navigator and
do:
apt-get install communicator

sounds like the core of the software didn't get installed.

nate