parted boot CD

I'm in a bit of a bind. I need to resize the root partition on one of my
systems that doesn't have a floppy drive. The only thing that I have
that I can boot from is a CD-ROM drive. I found a rescue floppy that had
parted installed and tried using mkisofs to convert it to a CD image,
but it doesn't boot. I get an error about running out of data while
my Woody CD, and then mounting the CD with parted on it. But I get lots
of missing libraries. I've looked all over the net for a bootable CD
image with parted on it, and short of downloading a ~500 MB RedHat
rescue CD, I haven't found anything. Any suggestions on how to best go
about this? I'd like to use the floppy images from the official parted
site (www.gnu.org/software/parted) but as there's two of them I'm not
quite sure how I'd go about making them into a bootable CD. Any
suggestions? TIA.

-Alex