choice of software

Hello,
We currently run a variety if Debian products in the mail and file serving areas. Now we are investigating the possiblity of running Debian products on our desktops. Could someone please recommend what packages we should be running in the following areas for our desktop machines should we switch to Debian? Essentially what packages should we look to add to our Debian desktops. By the way, Debian server products are outstanding!!!

Example:
              :multimedia(music, movies, photo editing)
              :mail clients
              :game playing

Thanks,
James