Re: Shared Calendars with Linux

This one time, at band camp, Mikael Jirari said:
> Thank you Alvin,
>
> Yes I have installed xminian on one workstation today and it looks really
> good.
> But actually i'm looking for a shared calendars software thaqt lives on one
> main server so all the users (mostly ms workstations) could access this one.
> I have apache on that machine so why not use a web interface shared
> calendar...
>
> Same for the mails, I'd need to check for viruses before letting the users
> take their mails, since they are running windows i guess i'd need an
> efficient antivirus. Spam is very anoying but it's not the first class
> priority at the moment.
>
> I'm checking these links right now
>
> Cheers

IIRC sqwebmail has some kind of shared claendaring in it.  It's mostly a
web mail interface that runs on top of cyrus{IMAP,POP}, but it has
plenty of extra features as well.  Interface is kind of ugly, but it's
HTML - it can be hacked without too much work.

I'm still looking into anti-virus solutions myself - kind of a pain
running stable, and wanting new virus definitions.  Grrr.

HTH,
Steve
--
I have the simplest tastes.  I am always satisfied with the best.
		-- Oscar Wilde