No longer able to use eth0 with 2.4.19

I upgraded my kernel to 2.4.19-3-686 on my laptop (Gateway Solo 9300) over the weekend. I've been running this kernel previously without problem, but did a fresh install when I got a new hard drive for the laptop. The kernel was working fine with my D-Link DWL-650 802.11b card at home. But, when I got to work today and booted up with my D-Link DFE-660 wired card, the system kept complaining about "no device found: eth0". However, if I reboot and use the standard 2.2 kernel that installs with potato (I leave it on the system for emergencies) everything comes up fine and I'm able to access the network (like now with this email).

Any ideas on the problem?

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>