From: Alvin Oga [mailto:aoga@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com]
Sent: 04 November 2002 12:23
To: Mikael Jirari
Cc: 'Debian'
Subject: Re: pptp vpn

hi ya

if you want to use pptp for MS clients...

        - d/l pptp client sw from MS  on your windoze boxes
        http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/ProductInfo/faqs/PPTPfaq.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="">

        - d/l and install pptpd server onto your linux box

http://www.Linux-Sec.net/VPN/

        - we used the pptpd  from moretnbay
        http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/download_pptp.html

-- if you are doing this because of security to/from the outside
   world of ms boxes... do NOT use pptp ... use freeswan or other vpn
   servers

-- if you want your linux box to look at your remote windoze boxes
   as if you were sitting in front of that remote ms box... use vnc
   instead

c ya
alvin