Re: pptp vpn

hi ya

if you want to use pptp for MS clients...

	- d/l pptp client sw from MS  on your windoze boxes
	http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/ProductInfo/faqs/PPTPfaq.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebtool/html/understanding_pptp.asp

	- d/l and install pptpd server onto your linux box
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/VPN/

	- we used the pptpd  from moretnbay
	http://www.moretonbay.com/vpn/download_pptp.html

-- if you are doing this because of security to/from the outside
   world of ms boxes... do NOT use pptp ... use freeswan or other vpn
   servers

-- if you want your linux box to look at your remote windoze boxes
   as if you were sitting in front of that remote ms box... use vnc
   instead

c ya
alvin