pptp vpn

Title: pptp vpn

Hi List,

I'd like to set up a vpn server on my debian box, that could be used with MS clients.

I read different papers but some seems to ask to patch the kernel. Some documentations says that I have to patch the kernel when i want to use the linux box as a client.

I'd have opinions for all of you that set up up a pptp server on a linux box.
Do i have to do anything special to make it work ? patch or something

Does it works nicely and don't die sometimes like ms ones.

Thanx very much