Re: Needed: Hardware recommendateons for Wireless Networking

Richard Kimber wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 18:38:40 +0000
iain d broadfoot <ibroadfo@cis.strath.ac.uk> wrote:

i've got a netgear MR314, and a cheap Belkin pc card in my laptop.

the netgear is a doddle to admin.

Yes, I have this router.  Along with a D-Link USB adapter for one of the
other machines.  D-Link stuff seems pretty good, and a USB adapter (i.e. a
cable + a gismo with an antenna) is better than a card, which seems to be
more picky about picking up a signal - with something on the end of a
cable, you can put it where there's a good signal.  And it gives
felxibility for the future. It all depends on the circumstances in which
you're using it.

- Richard.

true, i'm gonna get external stuff for the other desktops once i can afford it.

i like my dinky little card though... ;-)

iain