Re: 2 questions: ethernet card s82595fx ; bunch of background sounds

This one time, at band camp, Antonio Rodriguez said:
> Thanks Stephen for your help, just another question: how do you
> control the volume output level (system wide, and/or user wide)?

With a mixer.  apt-cache search mixer will return a whole list of them.
I prefer aumix myself, but YMMV.  aumix is configurable system-wide in
/etc/aumixrc, and each user will have a ~/.aumixrc after running it
once.  So root can set volume for the box on boot, and users can set the
volume level for their sessions.

She cried, and the judge wiped her tears with my checkbook.
		-- Tommy Manville