Re: Making a java 1.4.1 deb

On Sat, 02 Nov 2002 21:25:17 -0800
Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I personally used alien to convert the JDK RPM to a deb, however there
> is also a program in sarge called checkinstall which can monitor what an
> install process (either a dynamically-linked install binary, or a
> ./configure && make && make install) does and package up the results
> into a tgz, an rpm, or a deb.
>
> apt-get install checkinstall

Do you know why I can't get this in Woody? Specifically, why can't apt
see the testing or unstable versions of installwatch?

kitty:~# apt-get install checkinstall
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  checkinstall: Depends: installwatch (> 0.6) but 0.5.5-4 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages
kitty:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

#stable
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

#testing
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

#unstable
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

kitty:~# lynx --dump 'http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&keywords=installwatch'

                         Debian package search results

   Release            Package (size)
    stable  [1]installwatch 0.5.5-4   (9.8k)
            Track installation of local software
   testing  [2]installwatch 0.6.3-1   (11.8k)
            Track installation of local software
   unstable [3]installwatch 0.6.3-1   (11.8k)
            Track installation of local software

                                                  [4]Packages search page