How to repair Mozilla settings?

I had mozilla open while I was running a kernel compile in my home directory, and my /home filesystem filled up. This seems to have screwed up my mozilla settings files. When I start mozilla, it's lost all my preferences and when I create a new message, I'm prompted to create an account.

I can reset most of my settings but I don't want to lose my record of sent mail. Is there some way I can repair this damage?

I'm using Mozilla 1.0 on a PowerMac 8500 running woody and kernel 2.4.18.

Thanks,

Mike Crawford
crawford@goingware.com
http://www.goingware.com/