Re: Just some pointers Please (Mouse wheel issues)

(You signed a message with a key not available on the keyserver.  You
probably should submit your key with gpg --send-key <email>)

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 06:42:04PM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:
> It actually has 4 buttons. Normal 2, Mouse Wheel Button, and one button
> on the side by the thumb. The side button just does the same as the
> Mouse Wheel Button, so not worried about that, but the mouse wheel
> doesn't allow me to scroll.

From /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, my mouse section looks like...I use a
Microsoft IntelliMouse PS/2.

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"false"
	Option		"Buttons"		"5"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
 	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mouse"
 	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
 	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

I believe the second section is the one that applies for USB mice.
The important part is the ZAxisMapping line, which should have which
two buttons mapped as up and down (or down and up, I don't remember
which).  Usually this is 4 and 5.

> Just need a few pointers.. I should be able to figure it out once I know
> "where" to look.

XFree86 FAQ should have it.  It's located in /usr/doc/xserver-xfree86,
IIRC.

--
 .''`.     Baloo Ursidae <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user