Just some pointers Please (Mouse wheel issues)

I am using:
Linux dragon.ursine.dyndns.org 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

With AfterStep

I have a Logitech Wireless/Optical Mouse. (cordless MouseMan Optical, by
Logitech <-- Lable on mouse)

It actually has 4 buttons. Normal 2, Mouse Wheel Button, and one button
on the side by the thumb. The side button just does the same as the
Mouse Wheel Button, so not worried about that, but the mouse wheel
doesn't allow me to scroll.

My mouse wheel hasn't worked since install.

I believe I just have to choose a different mouse driver/settings.

But I don't know where to go to do this?

Just need a few pointers.. I should be able to figure it out once I know
"where" to look.

Thanks
--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm