Re: Woody Installation Problem

>apt-get install dpkg-multicd
>
>(I think this should be in the dselect tutorial section of the debian install
>manual but it isn't - I'll submit a bug report to install-doc unless someone
>knows why I shouldn't)
>
>Then you will have access to the multicd method in dselect.  There are
>instructions for using it in the debian installation manual -> Advanced
>Package Selection with dselect -> dselect tutorial:
>http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/dselect-beginner
>
>You can also add multiple cd's to your sources with apt-cdrom.
>Just put a cd in and type "apt-cdrom add", or "apt-cdrom -cdrom /mountpoint
>add" if it can't find your cd.  "man apt-cdrom" for more info.  Then you
>could use
>	apt-get remove packagename and
>	apt-get install packagename
>to re-install packages.

I tried the first approach, running dselect and chosing multicd, after
first installing dpkg-multicd. It was not at all clear what to do after that.
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/dselect-beginner
implies that using multicd access is a bit tricky; that is correct.
I never got it to work. So I changed the access method to apt---
previously I had assumed that that was only for downloads from
a web site---and things proceeded much smoother. dselect would now
query for the proper CD when it needed to install a selected package.

Thanks,

Joe Riel