Re: How to format and partitionate a disk?

On 31 Oct 2002 23:25:48 +0100 Mariano Kamp <mkamp@gmx.de> wrote:

>   did I get it right that there is no tool available at installation
> time to partitionate a hard drive?

No, you can partition and create a file system on the new partitions
during the installation process.  IIRC, the option is labeled "Partition
Hard Disk" or something very similar.

> What do I need to do to get the drive formated and to install a
> journaled file system?

Use a boot kernel that supports the file system you're after.  The bf2.4
kernel supports ext3.

> What journaled file systems are mature enough to be used? reiserfs?

That's somewhat like asking a thousand people which is the best flavor of
ice cream.  You're bound to get several votes for each one.  In the end it
comes down to your opinion.

--
Jamin W. Collins