running rsh and ssh?

At work we've been running a linux network for the past six years.
This is a isolated network.
Everything is linux except for three machines.

   One dual boots win98se to run a payroll program.
   One mostly runs in win98se to run a credit card processing program.
   One runs SCO to handle a CAD/CNC program.

It is not very important to keep the SCO machine connected, but would
be convenient for backups.

My first concern is what to run on win98se that will handle
ssl and provide good terminal emulation, and samba.  (I don't
know much about windows or its culture.)  What to run?

The default installation of ssh seems to want to replace rlogin
outright.  I want to run ssh/ssl beside rlogin and then phase rlogin out.
How to?

I've been using rlogin with a TERM hack on several machines. That is
if TERM contains a semi-colon, execute it as a program.
How do I duplicate this effect with ssh?

Any tips appreciated.

--
rir                     Live the dream.