Re: PS 2 Wheel Mouse Problem

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 14:12, Christian Banik wrote:
> Dear Debian Users,
>
> i've got problems with my wheel mouse. I wrote the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file
> myself (no concept of some of the entries there)in parts.
> It worked 2 weeks very good, but now the mouse arrow freeze after 30 seconds
> under X11. I've added my XF86 Config file, perhaps you see my mistake. The
> configured and generic mouse are both necessary i realized.
> Under SuSE the same mouse is OK, so it's not a hardware problem

> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
> 	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
> 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> 	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
> 	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
> 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> 	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
> EndSection

You only need one of the above sections.
Device="/dev/input/mice" is for USB mice.
Device="/dev/psaux" is for PS/2 mice.
(I would expect that a 2-button mouse is PS/2 rather than USB)

Also, for a 2-button mouse, the protocol should be "PS/2"
("ImPS/2" is for wheel mice).

Hope this helps...

--
P. M. Wright