Re: Testing LDAP nameservice

Andreas Eichner said:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've just installed and configured LDAP as nameservice to (partially)
> replace my /etc.
>
> But now I want to know if it is really used instead of the /etc flat
> files. Does anyone know how I can find it out?

simplist way i can think of:

remove the 'files' entries from /etc/nsswitch.conf

and/or

move the files which you replicated into LDAP to another directory
so programs cannot access them anymore. note that some programs will
still try to access the files directly, some totally ignore nsswitch.

be sure to restart nscd after making the changes if your running
nscd(I reccomend it if your using LDAP)

nate