Re: cannot start mysql

i-cable said:
> dear sir
>    i am a new user in debian, i was install mysql in ".deb"
> and, .../safe_mysqld &     -- .../mysql -u root
>
> " ERROR 2002: Can't connet to local Mysql server through socket
> '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'(111)"

that doesn't give anyone enough information to help solve the problem.
go look at your log files and see what they say, /var/log/mysql/* and
/var/log/mysql.log I believe are the ones.

hopefully it's easy to fix, i've had some problems on debian systems
where mysql would fail to start or stop responding for some unknown
reason. real PITA, only solution was to run it on another system.

nate