mpg321 on ntfs

I'm using mpg321 to play mp3s. It works well with files in my ext3 linux
partition, but when I attempt to play mp3s from a ntfs partition on the
same disk it doesn't work. It says:

user@localhost:~$ mpg321 /mnt/windowsD/BennyHill.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2, and 3.
Version 0.59q (2002/03/23). Written and copyrights by Joe Drew.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Title  : Benny Hill                      Artist: TV Theme
Album  : Download                        Year  :
Comment:                                 Genre : Sound Track
/mnt/windowsD/BennyHill.mp3: No such device
/mnt/windowsD/BennyHill.mp3: No such device

The same file can be played with xmms from the ntfs partition and the
same file, copied to the linux partition, can be played with mpg321.

I tried using strace, and I think this could be the error. from ntfs I
get:
old_mmap(NULL, 1034240, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 5, 0) = -1 ENODEV (No
such device)
when playing the same file from ext3 I get:
old_mmap(NULL, 1034240, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 5, 0) = 0x40258000

Anybody experienced the same problem? Can somebody - with a ntfs
partition - test this?
Any hints?

--
Leonardo Canducci - lcanducci@libero.it