Re: Kernel compilation

Quoting cobb <cobbjb1@cox.net>:

> I have not been able to find a document specific to Debian on upgrading the
> kernel.  I am running 2.2.20, but would like to use a 2.4 or better kernel.
>
> Can anyone explain it, or point me to a document SPECIFIC to Debian?  I keep
> finding Redhat-specific information.

Hi,
apt-get is your friend,

Nate just made a good post about debian kernels.

#apt-cache search kernel-image
#apt-get install <kernelimagethatyouchoose>

If your into customizing your own kernel, I believe you want to install
kernel-package   (which gives you a neat command called "make-kpkg")

Then read /usr/share/doc/kernel-package for more info.

Cheers,
Mike