Re: Shoutcast - passwords

On October 28, 2002 07:08 pm, David Cureton wrote:
> Oh I recall a problem like that with icecast.  I think it was due
> to there being a space or some other whitespace character at the
> end of the password in the config file. Very frustrating!!
Yeah thats not the problem I think..  there are no extra characters or
whitespace anywhere..

> I have a vague recollection of there being two passwords also. An
> administrator and a client. But those memories are vague!
Yeah the passwords for the admin and the oper are fine and I can log
in.  Its just the source that cant connect and I have no idea why.  I
think its a problem with the source tho cause everything else works
just fine.  (Oddcast plugin for Winamp on Windows).
That source works just fine for icecast2 on windows..  I think it may
have trouble with encrypted passwords..

Leo