Re: 386 or 486 machine

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:18:19PM +0400, Andrei Smirnov wrote:
| OK - i see it can be installed ... but with no less than 16 meg of RAM

One technique (which I used because at the time I didn't have
sufficient network resources and the BIOS was too old to boot from a
CD) is to pull the hard drive out of the [34]86 and put it in a newer
machine.  Run through the install on the beefy hardware (taking care
to install all network, etc, drivers you'll need on the other
machine), then move the hard drive back.

-D

--
No harm befalls the righteous,
but the wicked have their fill of trouble.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/