Re: Changing Hostname

Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

How do you change your host name after your installation is done? (network settings)

check /etc/hosts, /etc/hostnames

Also, what are valid parameters for host name? I made afresh installation of woody in a 386 I got in an auction, and every time gdm starts it complains about the host name.

dunno about this!

I also noticed that email sent from console using simple mail commands doesn't go anywhere, it just vanishes without trace. This does not happen in another woody box I have.

there are a few threads in october - problems i faced. check it out in archive. it covers a lot of aspects of exim - the default mta on debian.

Thanks to all in advance.

you are welcome

- sandip