Re: Desktop launchs recent programs when logging in

Mariano Kamp wrote:
Hi,

  using Gnome with woody it always launches a couple of programs I
recently used (like xemacs, xterm etc.). It also does launch more
instances every time I login.
  I greped through all directories starting with a dot for xterm and
xemacs, but haven't found anything. Where is stored what I recently
launched and what is the proper way to deal with it? Instead of logging
out I do usually su to root and use "halt" to shutdown the system. Is
this part of the problem?

Mariano

yep, that is almost definelttetilty the problem.

check your gnome config for the session settings, close everything, and hit save session now.

then switch off auto save session, and do a real logout.

best not to run halt (i believe), logout from X and go to a console, then login as root and run shutdown -h now, or poweroff (if that works)

hope i'm right,

iain