Re: Missing output - apt-file

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 10:03:03AM -0700, Shawn Lamson wrote:
> what are his apt.sources?  Maybe there is no 2.2.20 in sid anymore?
> you may want to search his local disk to see what modules he has
> compiled -- /lib/modules/kernel-?-?-?  or thereabouts

Hello

I am sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

I did:

   # apt-file search sr_mod.o

on my computer and got the following:

  kernel-image-2.4.16-386
  kernel-image-2.4.16-586
  kernel-image-2.4.16-586tsc
  kernel-image-2.4.16-686-smp
  kernel-image-2.4.16-686
  kernel-image-2.4.16-k6
  kernel-image-2.4.16-k7
  kernel-image-2.4.18-386
  kernel-image-2.4.18-586tsc
  kernel-image-2.4.18-686-smp
  kernel-image-2.4.18-686
  kernel-image-2.4.18-k6
  kernel-image-2.4.18-k7

I am using woody and have the following in my sources.list:

  deb ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
  deb ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

I am not really concerned with the contents of this users harddisk.
I am just wondering why no 2.2.x kernels show up when I do apt-file sr_mod.o.

Well I searched on the debian website and got the same results. Find it difficult
to believe that none of the 2.2.x kernels have no support for those that want to
use there ide cdrom writers, so I presume that the support for these devices is
part of the base kernel and not modularised.

t.irvine