Re: Courier-imap configuration

Hello

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:35:03 +0100
Mikael Jirari <Mikael@eits.info> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up an imap server on my debian box.
> Some documentation refers about the file userdb but it doesn't exit on > my box.

You will have to create this file by yourself (in /etc/courier). All your mail accounts have to be entered there, and you can also set the location of the maildir, as in your example. To make the IMAP server (actually the authdaemon) recognize the accounts, the userdb file needs to be converted into a binary format. It's done with the 'makeuserdb' command.
For more details have a look at the man-pages.

Oh, and don't forget to set the authmodulelist to 'authuserdb' in the authdaemon config.

HTH,
Thomas
--
Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as
reading sex manuals without the software.