Re: which anti-spam tool? - error message

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 01:37:56AM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:
> -- i use errror message 553 for these
> -- if they send me prescription spam...
> -- if they send me credit repair scheme...
> -- if they send me get rich quick scheme...
> -- you get the idea ..

553 means too many recipients according to the RFC.

The explaination in the RFC for 571 is the reason I suggested it:

       571   Delivery not authorized, message refused

          The sender is not authorized to send to the destination.
          This can be the result of per-host or per-recipient
          filtering.  This memo does not discuss the merits of any
          such filtering, but provides a mechanism to report such.

Seems this is the One True RBL Bounce Error...

--
Baloo