Re: using lilo to boot from floppy image?

also sprach Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> [2002.10.24.2359 +0200]:
> Can you scp the file onto the box, and then point lilo or grub to the
> file?  That's the only obvious thing I can think of, if you don't want
> to throw in a floppy drive (although they are only US $5 or $10 these
> days . . .) 8^).

It's only 2 inches high and a rack server with no floppy controller.
i have the image of the floppy on the machine and tried pointing lilo
to it, but it complains that the kernel is too big and exits due to
this FATAL error...

`. `'`