Re: msttcorefonts

This one time, at band camp, Petr Vanek said:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:04:46PM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> > Right after Woody release, MS stopped serving these font on the net.
>
> is it too much to ask maintainer to update that package, or is it
> against policies to make nonsecurity update in stable? i mean, can we
> ask, or is it nonsence?

It's not nonsense, but this is one of those moments when the "no new
code in stable" is a problem.  It's not technically a security problem,
but it is something that might go into stable-proposed-updates, at the
discretion of the release manager (and others, I suppose).  Check to see
if there is a bug about this - I assume there are . . . let's see . . .
bug #165926,
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=165926&repeatmerged=yes
and has a suggestion for including this in 3.0r1 (the next stable
revision), so it has been addressed, although I think it will be some
time before r1 comes out.

In the meantime, you can grab the .deb from testing, and install with
dpkg -i.

HTH,
Steve
--